Bundles of Joy aims to
- Help relieve poverty at what can be a very stressful and financially difficult time. As poverty is one of the key indicators of poor outcomes for children, we feel this support goes a long way to making the start in life much easier for many
- Support those affected by crisis, which can be due to unforeseen circumstances or through not accessing the right help to manage on their own
- Offer emergency equipment when an individual finds they have had to flee domestic abuse or they have been removed from a violent situation. Often in these situations, material things don’t matter. This is when we can help by supplying the right equipment
- Provide a network for health care professionals to be able to get help to families who really do need it
- Bring communities together. The Bundles of Joy service is all about teamwork and we can only provide this service with the amazing donations, fundraising and support we receive from the public and local businesses
From humble beginnings, Bundles of Joy was launched in November 2016. Since then, the charity has grown and has earned a reputation for being one of the most responsive charities in Hull and the East Riding. We have well-established links with health care professionals, social workers, midwives, family support workers, community nurses, children’s centres and other local charities who refer families to us, which ensures we are helping the right people at the right time.
Bundles of Joy is a family crisis intervention charity. We are here to bridge the gap between those who have items to donate and families who desperately need them. We collect and distribute not only baby clothing but any baby items which can be reused, such as toys, bedding, prams and Moses baskets. We also collect toys, books and clothing for older children, and essential items like nappies, baby wipes and toiletries, which helps families manage their limited budget better. We are also known as a haven for accessing equipment when it is needed in emergency situations.