Bundles of Joy aims to
- Help relieve poverty at what can be a very stressful and financially difficult time. As poverty is one of the key indicators of poor outcomes for children, we feel this support goes a long way to making the start in life much easier for many
- Support those affected by crisis which can be due to unforeseen circumstances or through not accessing the right help to manage on their own
- Offer emergency equipment when an individual finds they have had to flee domestic abuse or they have been removed from a violent situation. Often in these situations, material things don’t matter. This is when we can help by supplying the right equipment
- Provide a network for health professionals to be able to get help to families who really do need it
- Bring communities together. The Bundles of Joy service is all about teamwork and we can only provide this service with the amazing donations, fundraising and help the public offer
From humble beginnings, the charity was launched in November 2016, and now receives a huge number of donations. Bundles of Joy has now established strong links with a wide range of agencies such as Social Care, Citizens Advice Bureau, Children's Centres, Health Visitors and Housing amongst others. These agencies are now referring families on a regular basis, and there is no shortage of equipment for us to pass on to needy families.
Bundles of Joy, a specialist baby charity, is here to bridge the gap between those who have items to donate and the families who would welcome them. We collect and distribute not only baby clothing but any baby items which can be reused, such as toys, blankets, prams and Moses baskets. We also collect toys and clothing for older children which helps families manage their limited budget better. We are also known as a haven for accessing emergency equipment when it is needed following an event that wasn't anticipated.