Bundles of Joy is a charity based in Beverley that has been set up to support babies, children and their families throughout Hull and East Yorkshire.
Our purpose is to help relieve poverty and offer support to disadvantaged families who have found themselves in need, by providing clothing, toiletries, nappies, toys, prams, cots and other essential baby equipment.
Through the generous donations we receive from the local community throughout Hull and East Yorkshire we are able to help families in need. Whether affected by poverty, crisis, illness or domestic abuse we are here to help.
The Bundles of Joy service aims to
- Help relieve poverty at what can be a very stressful and financially difficult time. As poverty is one of the key indicators of poor outcomes for children, we feel this support goes a long way to making the start in life much easier for many
- Support those affected by crisis which can be due to unforeseen circumstances or through not accessing the right help to manage on their own
- Offer emergency equipment when an individual finds they have had to flee domestic abuse or they have been removed from a violent situation. Often in these situations material things don’t matter. This is when we can help by supplying the right equipment
- Provide a network for health professionals to be able to get help to families who really do need it
- Bring communities together. The Bundles of Joy service is all about team work and we can only provide this service with the amazing donations, fundraising and help the public offer
From humble beginnings the charity was launched in November 2016, and now receives a huge number of donations. Bundles of Joy has now established strong links with a wide range of agencies such as Social Care, Citizens Advice Bureau, Children's Centres, Health Visitors and Housing amongst others. These agencies are now referring families on a regular basis, and there is no shortage of equipment for us to pass on to needy families.
We promote our services through social media, as well as holding regular fundraising events. Occasionally we get asked for items that we don’t have in stock, so post requests on our social media pages. Please follow and share our pages to help us reach out to more people, and to enable us to help more families in need.
Bundles of Joy, a specialist baby charity, is here to bridge the gap between those who have items to donate and the families who would welcome them. We collect and distribute not only baby clothing, but any baby items which can be reused, such as toys, blankets, prams and Moses baskets. We also collect toys and clothing for older children which helps families manage their limited budget better. We are also known as a haven for accessing emergency equipment when it is needed following an event that wasn't anticipated.
The service we provide ensures Bundles of Joy is helping the most vulnerable families in the Beverley, Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area. As a community we are all pulling together to help make a difference.